The second edition of Fundamentals of Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair is here! Are you wondering what new things you can expect from this updated and expanded version?
What’s New in the Second Edition?
With a targeted approach that prioritizes explanation and application, Fundamentals of Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair, Second Edition covers every maintenance and light repair (MLR) task and prepares new technicians for ASE G1 certification.
The textbook also been made more accessible for both students and teachers with a student-friendly reading level and chapters that are broken down into sections focused on theory and procedure. Plus, chapters like those covering tools and equipment have been expanded to provide more complete coverage of the basics.
Other features include:
- Current compliance with ASE tasks, including coverage of safety around high-voltage, high-pressure, and high-temperature systems; stop-start issues; and the new GHS hazardous materials guidelines
- Employability skills, based on ASE requirements, that prepare students for job success and retention right out of the classroom
- Practical application and breakdown of electrical concepts related to meter usage and circuit testing and diagnosis
- Expanded GDI theory and operation
- Introduction of strategy-based diagnostics, a method used to diagnose vehicle faults correctly on the first attempt
Related Article: CDX Customers: Your New Online Courses Are Ready
Add any of these available supplements to your classroom:
- The Fundamentals of Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair Tasksheet Manual, Second Edition, which provides tasksheets that meet current ASE Education Foundation requirements for maintenance and light repair standards.
- The latest edition of the Fundamentals of Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair Student Workbook, which encourages critical thinking and aids comprehension through a variety of exercises in each chapter.
- PowerPoint slides, lecture outlines, and more with the Online Instructor Resource Toolkit that can directly benefit instructors.
Ready to Get Started?
To get a closer look at what the newest edition has to offer and learn more about fundamentals of maintenance and light repair read a sample chapter of the textbook today!